Monday, December 13, 2010

Redecorating

I am having too much fun redecorating some of the apartments in Late Night.  Some look great already but a few are pretty awful.  I was intrigued by Polly Maloney's bunker. I had moved a few of my own sims in there as a sort of holding place so that I could move them into their own places when I played.  It just feels so private and cozy but it's SO shabby.



I moved Polly out (actually, just deleted her) and left one of my sims there and then I redecorated.  It has turned into a beautiful and very cozy home.  I love it!  It is all black and robin's egg blue with some white wood and two shades of brown wood.  I like that the walls are exactly the same.  There is an easy definition between the apartment and the common area.  I didn't change the metal wall that was there because it's not a dwelling meant for a family so there is no need for a private bedroom really and I kinda like that wall there.  It's a good size for entertaining and that's why there is such a big dining table.  I like the duct work.  It feels like a made-over space and that's what I wanted.  I like the contrast between the elegance of this and the barrels and crates outside the door.  Serena loves it, too!








I moved another of Polly's roomates into the apartment that used to belong to the one vampire guy and his three womenfolk.  I sold everything of theirs and started redecorating it.  I forgot the Before picture but thanks to Error 12 I will get another chance.  Grrrr!  I used the same wallcovering and wood floor for the whole thing but I'll paint the walls as I decorate the rooms.  Here is the new kitchen (which I get to start all over on).  It's a little dark.






It turns out that I had saved most of the work on that kitchen and only had to re-do a couple of things--the walls, small appliances, and table.  I chose a different table this time.  The sim who lives here is one that I saved from another neighborhood so she has some travel things and a very expensive car in her inventory.  We sold the car and proceeded to decorate part of the rest of the apartment.  I want to just do it as she can afford it.  I wish I could paint that ugly blue wall by the elevator!  And maybe the downstairs lobby.  There's gotta be a cheat for that and I'll find it.







Don't you love when your guests make themselves at home?








No comments:

Post a Comment